Sunday, November 28, 2010

‘That Just Made My Life,’ Says Serenaded Bieber Fan

Two days after becoming the envy of every teenaged girl in North America, Ontario’s Emma Curto still gets breathless talking about her intimate moment with superstar Justin Bieber.

The Ancaster, Ont., teenager was pulled from the crowd to join Bieber on stage at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Tuesday and had the pop sensation serenade her with the song “One Less Lonely Girl.”

“When he touched my face, that just made my life,” Curto, 14, told CTV’s Canada AM on Thursdsay, barely attempting to contain her giddiness.

Curto’s bedroom is a shrine to the teen idol. She has more than 200 photos of the 16-year-old Stratford, Ont., native on her walls and enters every Bieber contest.

Curto likes to write notes about him (“I ‘heart’ JB”). She has the Bieber “ideal girl checklist” (“funny, outgoing”) on her wall and circled Tuesday night’s concert date at the Air Canada Centre with a heart.

She was among 15,000 screaming fans who attended the show — the ticket to which sits in a framed picture of Bieber.

And then came a fantasy moment.

Someone spotted her in the crowd and asked, ‘Would you like to be the ‘One Less Lonely Girl’?” Curto recalls.

“I was just sitting in my seat and I had no idea that this was going to happen,” she said.

“I was all pumped and I was like, ‘All right, I am going to make the most of this. I only get to do this once.”

Moments later, she was sitting on stage, a giant bouquet of red roses in her lap, as Bieber crooned to her.

“There’s gonna be one less lonely girl,” Bieber sang as he put his hand to her right cheek as she heaved. Then he touched his forehead to hers.

Giuliano Curto, Emma’s father, told CTV News: “It looked like he was getting close enough for a kiss. Right at that point, they just touched heads, and I was kind of grateful,” he said with a chuckle.

Jean Matone, Emma’s mother told Canada AM that she would have been just as thrilled if she had met Sean Cassidy or Scott Baio in her youth.

“I remember saying that to someone a few years younger than me, and they said, ‘who is that?’”

The scene can be found on YouTube. It made Curto a minor celebrity among concert-goers, with many wanting to take a photo of the “One Less Lonely Girl.”

Classmates have been bombarding her with calls and text messages. She said she has been a die-hard Bieber fan for years.

“Ever since my cousin showed me him one time and it was instant love. Oh my gosh, I love him,” Curto said.

Justin Bieber has left town, but Curto still has the roses and much more.

“It is the best memory of my life. It will be the best moment of my life. Nothing can top that,” she said, before adding, “Unless we get married.”

No comments:

Post a Comment