Tuesday, January 11, 2011

JUSTIN BIEBER DEBUTS SHORTER, MATURE HAIRCUT FOR US WEEKLY PHOTOSHOOT FOLLOWING VANITY FAIR COVER ♥


Beliebers beware! Beloved tween idol Justin Bieber is clearly growing up, unveiling newly shorn locks on the cover of a special issue of Us Weekly, “Justin Bieber: My Private World,” available to fans next Friday.

On the cover, the 16-year-old star debuts a modified cut that noticeably strays away from his previously iconic Bieber swoosh, and dons a grey pin-striped suit – with metallic high-tops, of course – in several images in the issue.

“I think after my movie I might cut my hair a little shorter,” he told MTV News at the beginning of the new year.

The singing sensation has inspired plenty of copycat mini-Biebers and gained many admirers for his coiffe, but the singer is moving on.

Bieber, who also graces the cover of Vanity Fair’s February issue, told the magazine that he knows just how lucky he is.

“I see myself just growing. I didn’t know that any of this was really possible,” he told the magazine. “I grew up in a really small town with not a lot of money, and I liked singing, but it was just something that was a hobby.

“As I get into it more, I want to grow as an artist, as an entertainer, and basically perfect my craft,” he continued. “I want to be the best that I can be.”

The singer, whose upcoming biopic “Never Say Never” shows family footage of a baby Bieber rocking out on every piece of furniture he could get his hands on – banging on a mini conga drum, a chair and a miniature plastic drum kit – is literally sprouting up before the public’s very eye.

And don’t think the Biebs isn’t every bit aware of how his maturing looks might be affecting his female fans.

“Not trying to be arrogant, but if I walked down the street and a girl saw me, she might take a look back because maybe I’m good-looking, right?” he joked to Vanity Fair.

Luckily, mom’s keeping the pop star in check.

“We don’t have yes-men around him,” she said in the interview. “I don’t want him being a diva.”

Another sign of Bieber’s maturation? The earnest singer was recently snapped taking a Caribbean vacation with Disney starlet Selena Gomez, 18.

The duo, who are rumored to be dating, shared a smooch aboard a yacht on Dec. 30, and Bieber fans immediately attacked Gomez on Twitter for hunkering down on their man.

Their overreaction to a little hand-holding doesn’t portend well to the teen idol becoming a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment