Friday, December 31, 2010

CHER RECALLS VMA MEETING WITH JUSTIN BIEBER

‘I felt like I should cover up before I take a picture with this baby,’ pop legend says of meeting Bieber while wearing racy ’80s outfit.

Cher turned heads at the VMAs back in September when she proudly showed up in the same barely there outfit she wore for her 1989 “If I Could Turn Back Time” video. However, the 64-year-old pop icon admits that she began feeling a bit inappropriately dressed when she was introduced to Justin Bieber that evening.

“I thought, ‘I’ll do myself in a decade’, and that [body stocking] was the closest thing I had. And then someone said, ‘Will you take a picture with Justin Bieber,’ and I said, ‘Sure’, not knowing who he was,” she recently recalled to British talk-show host Graham Norton. “And then this child, who came up to here [my chest], and I felt like I should cover up before I take a picture with this baby.”

Of course, Bieber wasn’t the only up-and-coming star Cher had the pleasure of meeting that night. She also had the honor of holding Lady Gaga’s meat purse when the latter singer took the stage to accept a Moonman in the now-infamous meat dress.

“Well, I wear that every night in Las Vegas, so I just whipped it out,” Cher said recently to MTV News of her scanty VMA getup. “I didn’t have time to think of, like, getting a costume. So I had it and thought it would just be fun to just take off on myself, not knowing I was going to be handling the meat purse.

“But, you know, there’s those moments you just remember [forever],” she added. ” ‘Here, Cher, will you hold my meat purse?’ “

No comments:

Post a Comment