Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Justin Bieber deals with wardrobe malfunction, aims to last in showbiz - Manila Bulletin

<div readability="113.506882396"> <!-- CONTENT --> <div class="img_box img_left" readability="7"><p>JUSTIN BIEBER meets with the local media moments before his concert. (Photo by Ali Vicoy)</p></div><p>MANILA, Philippines -- Justin Bieber is crossing over the 15-minute fame mark to lasting stardom. YouTube's biggest contribution to pop culture included Manila in his crossover journey May 10 at the SM Mall of Asia for his "My World" concert tour. </p><p>YouTube is not the only Internet tool that has kept Bieber's moment aflame. The hardworking 17-year-old also has mastered the art of communication with his supporters via regular, personal and interactive updates through his official Twitter portal @justinbieber.</p> <p>Hours before the "Never Say Never" singer faced Manila media at the SM Mall of Asia Imax where Bulletin Entertainment booked a slot courtesy of the pop star's local label MCA Music, he tweeted: "Don't spread gossip and don't spread rumors about others… I'm a kid and I know that," in retaliation to an alleged claim by "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" actress Marg Helgenberger that Bieber was being a brat during a recent encounter on the set of the TV series.</p> <p>The American Music Award winner added, "Rumors are just that… rumors. In the end if you just be kind and be yourself, people will know who you are. That goes for anyone. I know who I am and sometimes people are just going to say what they want. It's kinda lame when someone you met briefly and never worked with comments on you. I will continue to wish them luck and be kind."</p> <p>He followed up the post with this re-tweet: "There will always be people telling you can't do something. There will always be haters. Just keep smiling." </p><p><strong>Wardrobe malfunction</strong></p> <p>The same social media technology that makes Bieber available to his fans is the same online stratosphere that makes it easier for haters to attack him.</p> <p>Fortunately for Bieber, the "Baby" hitmaker felt zero hate in front of the local media during a press gathering mere hours before the concert. </p><p>Those who attended Bieber's press conference had to follow stricter than usual rules: No cameras, no autographs and even the media IDs the press were handed during the pre-concert huddle had to be surrendered after the Q&amp;A. </p><p>Bieber's entourage probably became more cautious after a fan was able to throw eggs on stage mid-show of Bieber's Sydney concert in Australia.</p> <p>Call-time for the Manila press con was 2:30 p.m. but at 3:40, host Mo Twister told the media to hang on 20-25 minutes more because Bieber was dealing with wardrobe malfunction.</p> <p>"What matters most is music. This is where I get to relate all my emotions. My music will change but it will still be about music," Bieber told Bulletin Entertainment when asked if he had worked out a blueprint for longevity.</p> <p>Bieber has no qualms facing the surreal Hollywood lifestyle he leads. True to the spirit of his youth, he said, "I get overwhelmed [with fame] but I'm having a lot of fun. I'm just enjoying it."</p> <p>The teenage star also offered his music to his critics. "I'm 17, not yet an adult, yes and my music suits people my age but it's [also] for everybody [even for my critics]. Love is universal."</p> <p>He credited his mentor, Usher, for the latter's guidance. "He is amazing as a mentor guiding me in the right direction. [What we have is] like a family relationship."</p> <p>When asked about how he chooses the artists he collaborates with, Bieber said, "I collaborate with people I like."</p> <p>Bieber performed his hits and signature stage moves Tuesday night before thousands of screaming Filipino fans. </p><p>From his very first album ("My World") to his recent "My Worlds-The Collection" and "Never Say Never-The Remixes," Bieber's arsenal of chart-toppers has been on constant commercial climb garnering a record-high seven-time platinum award for the combined sales of "My World," "My World 2.0," "My Worlds," "My Worlds-The Collection" and "Never Say Never." All CDs are currently available in the country via MCA Music. (with report from Yugel Losorata)</p> <!-- /CONTENT --></div>

No comments:

Post a Comment